Globally, goat meat exported from all nations totaled US$292.3 million in 2020. That greenback quantity displays an -18.9% decline since 2016 when exported goat meat was price $360.2 million.
From 2019 to 2020, the worth of goat meat exports dropped by -23.9%.
The three greatest exporters of goat meat are Australia, Ethiopia and Kenya. Mixed, that trio of main suppliers accounted for nearly three-quarters (72.7%) of worldwide exported goat meat in 2020. Such a excessive proportion signifies a really concentrated cohort of goat meat exporters.
From a continent perspective, nations in Oceania bought over one-third (38.5%) of exported goat meat throughout 2020 with shipments valued at $112.6 million led by Australia and New Zealand. Shut behind in second place had been exporters in Africa at 37.6% whereas one other 16.8% of worldwide shipments of goat meat originated from Europe.
Smaller percentages got here from Asia (6.8%), North America (0.1%) and Latin America (0.09%) excluding Mexico however together with the Caribbean.
For analysis functions, the 6-digit Harmonized Tariff System code prefix is 020450 for recent, chilled or frozen goat meat.
Under are the 15 nations that exported the best greenback worth price of goat meat throughout 2020.
- Australia: US$102.8 million (35.2% of complete goat meat exports)
- Ethiopia: $61.8 million (21.2%)
- Kenya: $47.9 million (16.4%)
- France: $17 million (5.8%)
- Spain: $16.4 million (5.6%)
- China: $11.2 million (3.8%)
- New Zealand: $9.7 million (3.3%)
- Greece: $7.1 million (2.4%)
- Pakistan: $6 million (2.1%)
- Netherlands: $5 million (1.7%)
- Italy: $1.5 million (0.5%)
- Myanmar: $1.2 million (0.4%)
- Singapore: $1 million (0.4%)
- Romania: $684,000 (0.2%)
- Hong Kong: $413,000 (0.1%)
The listed 15 nations shipped 99.2% of world goat meat exports in 2020 by worth.
Among the many high exporters, the fastest-growing goat meat exporters since 2019 had been: Singapore (up 221.8%), Hong Kong (up 93.9%), Spain (up 15.5%) and China (up 5.2%).
These nations that posted declines of their exported goat meat gross sales had been led by: Italy (down -41.5%), Australia (down -38.1%), Romania (down -32.8%), Pakistan (down -25.6%) and Greece (down -18.3%).
The next nations posted the best optimistic web exports for goat meat throughout 2020. Investopedia defines web exports as the worth of a rustic’s complete exports minus the worth of its complete imports. Thus, the statistics beneath current the excess between the worth of every nation’s exported goat meat and its import purchases for that very same commodity.
- Australia: US$102.8 million (web export surplus down -38.1% since 2019)
- Ethiopia: $61.8 million (down -11.6%)
- Kenya: $47.9 million (down -4.3%)
- Spain: $10 million (up 24.8%)
- China: $9.7 million (up 8.1%)
- New Zealand: $9.7 million (down -9%)
- France: $9.7 million (down -24.9%)
- Greece: $6.7 million (down -19.3%)
- Pakistan: $6 million (down -25.6%)
- Netherlands: $4.8 million (down -0.6%)
- Myanmar: $1.2 million (down -12.9%)
- Romania: $674,000 (down -33.8%)
- Zimbabwe: $257,000 (up 26.6%)
- Argentina: $242,000 (down -59%)
- Eire: $213,000 (down -85.4%)
Australia generated the best surplus within the worldwide commerce of goat meat. In flip, this optimistic cashflow confirms Australia’s robust aggressive benefit for this particular product class.
The next nations posted the best detrimental web exports for goat meat throughout 2020. Investopedia defines web exports as the worth of a rustic’s complete exports minus the worth of its complete imports. Thus, the statistics beneath current the deficit between the worth of every nation’s imported goat meat purchases and its exports for that very same commodity.
- United States: -US$77.8 million (web export deficit down -43.5% since 2019)
- United Arab Emirates: -$66.7 million (down -28%)
- Portugal: -$14 million (up 22.2%)
- Taiwan: -$12.2 million (down -1.5%)
- South Korea: -$9.7 million (up 3.1%)
- Canada: -$8.4 million (down -3.6%)
- Hong Kong: -$7.7 million (up 26%)
- Saudi Arabia: -$6.5 million (down -57.4%)
- Trinidad/Tobago: -$6 million (down -32.9%)
- Italy: -$5.6 million (down -12.8%)
- Bahrain: -$4.3 million (up 672.6%)
- Japan: -$3.6 million (up 2.3%)
- Qatar: -$3.4 million (down -22.9%)
- United Kingdom: -$2.7 million (up 102.7%)
- Oman: -$2.6 million (down -71.5%)
The USA of America incurred the best deficit within the worldwide commerce of goat meat. In flip, this detrimental cashflow highlights America’s aggressive drawback for this particular product class but in addition indicators alternatives for goat meat-supplying nations that assist fulfill the highly effective demand.
In accordance with international buying and selling platform Alibaba, the next suppliers are examples of recent or frozen goat meat-trading exporters. The house-country location for every enterprise is proven inside parentheses.
- Agak Firm Ltd (Kenya)
- Al-Muqeet Worldwide (Pakistan)
- Carnicas J Colomer Sau (Spain)
- Eiffel Worldwide Commerce (France)
- Ethiopian Normal Import/Export (Ethiopia)
- I. Braditsas “Trofino” S.A (Greece)
- Parsa Enterprises Pty Ltd (Australia)
- Qingdao UnionGold Commerce Co (China)
Alibaba, Provider showroom for goat meat. Accessed on September 17, 2021
Central Intelligence Company, The World Factbook Subject Itemizing: Exports – Commodities. Accessed on September 17, 2021
Forbes World 2000 rankings, The World’s Largest Public Firms. Accessed on September 17, 2021
Worldwide Commerce Centre, Commerce Map. Accessed on September 17, 2021
Investopedia, Internet Exports Definition. Accessed on September 17, 2021